Author Topic: Guns and attachments  (Read 4755 times)

Mauler

• Formido
Re: Guns and attachments
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 03:24:57 pm »
I seem to have a hate/hate relationship with most or all of the NC weapons.  I've gravitated to using the Warden with a 3.4x chevron-scope on my main Engineer role as it's fairly accurate out to long-range and can headshot people.  I've just added a foregrip to it to reduce the recoil so I can attempt to double-tap people but I've yet to try it out.

The Sweeper shotgun is my other weapon of choice to most other classes.  After unlocking slugs for it I can drop people in 2-3 hits and the x2 or x3 red-dot sight works well outdoors for short-sniping but the dropoff on the slugs is horrendous which puts a damper on it at far-medium range and beyond.  Which is about right, I think.

The Jackhammer is absolute toilet.  THAT I am gutted I spent money on and it can't even have slugs like the Sweeper can.  Don't bother.

RedFox

• [VGD] I need to throttle the missus' bandwidth...
  • Formido
  • Out of bounds beacon deployer
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »
I've gravitated to using the Warden with a 3.4x chevron-scope on my main Engineer role as it's fairly accurate out to long-range and can headshot people.  I've just added a foregrip to it to reduce the recoil so I can attempt to double-tap people but I've yet to try it out.
I've just looked at this video and I'm quite impressed. Can you tell me what scope that is?

The Sweeper shotgun is my other weapon of choice to most other classes.  After unlocking slugs for it I can drop people in 2-3 hits and the x2 or x3 red-dot sight works well outdoors for short-sniping but the dropoff on the slugs is horrendous which puts a damper on it at far-medium range and beyond.  Which is about right, I think.

I used the Sweeper in beta and it's a very good one for its role.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:15:34 pm by RedFox »

Mauler

• Formido
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »
I'll take a look when I get home, mate  :D