Author Topic: Your build  (Read 5048 times)

kalbuth

• Always shoot, you never know
  • Administrator
Your build
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:20:55 am »
Just listing the builds we have, maybe we can check for complementarity :)
NC :
I plan to main HA, as I've seen plenty of medic already :) So certs are going that way, more toward a resist HA depending on nearby medics than a more self-sustained type (to be clear, I've gone Resist Shield + NanoWeave, which makes you more prone to lose health, but you'll lose less).
Main weapon GD22S, secondary EM6 (thanks to Alpha Squad). Spec AA rocket launcher

Secondary class is medic, I already upgraded to 2/3rd the medigun. Main weapon GR22 (thanks Alpha Squad again!), secondary NS11A. I don't plan to upgrade much further until my HA toon is more complete

Vehicles : AMS, Reaver (rockets), Lightning (HE gun), Lib (Zephyr AI/AV gun) for team vehicle. You probably won't see me in a Vanny, I hate it with a passion.

eeM

• Formido
Re: Your build
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »
Good topic. Isn't there some kind of WoW-talent-like cert-calculator thingy where we can link to our builds?

My build:
Medic
  • 1 point nanoweave
  • Maxed out medical tool
  • Maxed out AoE heal
  • Reflex scope for my weapon
  • AMS
  • Spawn beacon
  • Dual burster max
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:42:36 pm by eeM »

RedFox

• [VGD] I need to throttle the missus' bandwidth...
  • Formido
  • Out of bounds beacon deployer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:35:02 pm »
Good topic. Isn't there some kind of WoW-talent-like cert-calculator thingy where we can link to our builds?
That's a good idea.

My build:
  • 1 point hacker
  • AMS

I think that's it =X

Raoh

• Formido
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:08:42 pm »
So far I've pretty much concentrated my certs into Combat Medic and the Vanguard/Lightning and a few certs in engineer to make the repair tool better. That's all going to be a pretty big investment considering all the vehicles guns etc and certs for each of those (the half decent ones at least).

I'll proably cert into the AMS at some point soon too, never hurts to have another of those to pull if needed - I'll probably add the ammo replenishment add-on too, but for the most part I'll probably be rolling around in a tank the majority of the time when not doing infantry-based stuff.

They need to introduce the loadstar back in already. :)

eeM

• Formido
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 03:27:34 pm »
That's a good idea.

My build:
  • 1 point hacker
  • AMS

I think that's it =X

What are you saving up for? By passive cert progress alone you have way more points to spare

RedFox

• Formido
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »
What are you saving up for? By passive cert progress alone you have way more points to spare

I have about 80 cert points at the moment. Spawn beacon (need BR10) and Sunderer Ammo utility are on my list. GD-7F (1000) and mines (no clue) are also on the list.

kalbuth

• Always shoot, you never know
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »
Important  : I think it's nearly a prerequisite we all get the Spawn Beacon once past BR10. Can be squad saver more often than not.

On a personnal note, I'm probably going to make Liberator my main vehicle cert-wise. At last, a team vehicle that is fun to use.

(that means I'll need 1 or 2 skilled reaver pilots near me :P or someone with Skyguard, maybe)

eeM

• Formido
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:52:03 pm »
I agree. Very easy to be able to promote a random teammember to throw down a beacon when weve lost all spawnpoints.

I dont know what vehicle to upgrade. Torn between van, sund or reaver

RedFox

• Formido
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 12:34:30 am »
Because of Account-wide SC unlocks you might want to consider unlocking common pool weapons if you want the most bang for your buck.

Raoh

• Formido
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 03:24:32 am »
Because of Account-wide SC unlocks you might want to consider unlocking common pool weapons if you want the most bang for your buck.

Good to hear they're doing that, makes things a little easier on people if they're switching servers but not sides - for faction specific gear that is.

Ypnos

• Formido
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »
Three builds:
1 - Engineer - anti-tank mines, uprated ammo box
2 - Heavy Assault - uprated LMG, uprated personal shield and Anti-Air launcher (favourite build)
3 - Sniper - unlocked 12x scope for basic rifle, uprated hacking tool

Vehicles
Reaver - unlocked rockets
Liberator - anti-infantry belly cannon with night vision, zoom all-round, armour plating
Vanguard - HE cannon, zoom optics
Sunderer - AMS, M40 Bulldog cannon, vehicle repair, cool cammo

That's it for now :)

RedFox

• Formido
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »
Three builds:
1 - Engineer - anti-tank mines, uprated ammo box

How useful do you find the AV mines after the latest patch (now you can't throw the mines - off buildings for instance - but have to deploy them like turrets/ammo box). I was planning to get them but now after the patch I am not so sure. Maybe I'll keep saving for the GD-7F.

Also, I haven't upgraded the ammo box much because I have read that it only upgrades the regular ammo box, not the "B"-button alternative of the MANA turret.

Ypnos

• Formido
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »
I've only put 2 mines down and nothing ran over them lol

Also, I've just unlocked Bouncing Betties after an AWESOME 35-KILL STREAK!! Unfortunately I only recorded half of them :/

RedFox

• Formido
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »
Also, I've just unlocked Bouncing Betties after an AWESOME 35-KILL STREAK!! Unfortunately I only recorded half of them :/
Wow, good job! My longest streak is 9 I think, but as an engineer without vehicles though.

I didn't have much luck with the Betties before, but this weekend it was better. For best effect you have to baby sit them though, because they only kill infiltrators or wounded in one go.

Ypnos

• Formido
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »
Yeah, we did a counter-assault on a small base in the middle of an ice field. Lots of open terrain and me in a Vanguard loaded with HE and zoom optics ;)

I was firing across the field and landing the shells inside the window of their spawn room. I would have got more kills if I had night vision on it (my next unlock).

Very depressing news about Bouncing Betties...I thought they were one-shot kills :'(